Friday, April 18, 2008

Feeding Trees and Shrubs with the Mittledier magic nutrients

Feeding Trees and Shrubs

Q. How much should I feed my berry bushes and other plants and trees in my yard?
A. All plants, shrubs and tree will bless you with healthy growth if you will feed them the Mittleider formulas. Pre-Plant once each year, and Weekly Feed three times each year is good for trees and shrubs. Any plant, bush or vine that is expected to grow and mature fruit quickly, such as berries and grapes, will do well with 4 or 5 feedings.
Here are the extremes: A large plant like a tomato gets about 2 teaspoons per week of Weekly Feed. A large 50-100 year-old tree would get 12-16 ounces spread under the leaf line and watered in well.

Everything else is somewhere in between. A single row of berry bushes could be fed about the same as a row of vegetables. A single raspberry bush would get about the same as a tomato plant. A large grape vine might get 2 or 3 tablespoons. A tree with a 3"-diameter trunk could be fed 2-3 ounces, and a 6"-diameter trunk would get 6-8 ounces.

Pre-Plant should be fed about twice the amount you give Weekly-Feed.

Always remember to water the mineral nutrients into the ground thoroughly when you apply them.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have the book more Food from your garden 1975.

I saw that you said you have amended the nutrient formula from pg 71.

Could you be so kind to tell me what the change is?

I like what you all are about but would prefer not to have to buy another book although I think your materials are good and I like what you do.

Thanks,

A Charles

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home