Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cost of Growbox materials

Hi, I just joined the list. I was planning on doing some gardening with a grow-box for the first time but have found it quite expensive (cost of wood and things like perlite). So after reading over the materials, I don't quite understand how this is the "poor man's" method. Anyone have any rough figures on how much it would cost to build, fill, and fertilize a 20' by 4' for one season? (I did look thru the files but did not find this issue addressed. If there is a file I could read, I'd be happy to do that.)

"MJ Smith"

MJ & Group:

I'd be happy for anyone's input on the cost of buying, building, and filling a Grow-Box, but I believe it is a very small fraction of the cost of a "real" hydroponic system.

And unless you have no dirt in which to grow, you don't need to use Grow-Boxes, or containers, to get the yields we get. Growing right in the soil is almost as efficient as in boxes. Try that if you have soil available. And you DO NOT need any soil amendments!

Jim Kennard

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home