Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Making portable greenhouses with PVC pipe

I'm going to be running two 30' rows through a small
strip of my back yard that does get a little sun (most
is too shady to garden in). I picked up six 10' lengths
of PVC and couplers to go on and make two lengths of
pipe but haven't glued them together yet. We are renting
this place, so instead of installing ground pipe, I was
planning to use a cross piece with a hose fitting and
quick connect at one end (between the two rows) to just
plug the hose up to water the rows.

Now we find out we may have to move next summer, which
means another year where I may be paralyzed in terms of
establishing a garden. So I'm wondering if it's possible
to put together the pipes (with the drilled holes)
without gluing on the couplers so they can be broken
down and moved if need be. I was planning to put
threaded elbows on the ends of the end-pipes to screw
cross pieces (so the whole pipe thing is a 30' long
rectangle with the water going in on one end). But
gluing these pipes together will make them pretty
impossible to move.

Diane


Diane & Group: Just glue threaded ends - male and female - on your pipes at 10' intervals, or any length you want. Then take them apart and bring them with you when you move.

Jim Kennard

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home