Wednesday, July 19, 2006

When to stop using weekly feed for everbearing plants

Jim my peppers are starting to flower and I see little peppers
starting to grow. From what I understand I should stop the weekly
feed now is that correct?

I have 10 pepper plants in My Mittleider garden which I used the
weekly feed for and I also have a number of containers with peppers in
them which I used the minerals 2tsp per gallon in water. Both are
doing outstanding.

TY Steve

Steve & Group:

You DO NOT STOP feeding peppers when they flower!

Peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, squashes, etc. are EVERBEARING plants, which will produce until frost (or a disease) stops them.

You continue feeding these plants until 6-8 weeks before the first expected killing frost.

The reasom many people don't continue to have these crops produce right up until October and November is that they don't feed them. Don't make that mistake!

Jim Kennard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home